Hey Fashom world, and Happy New Year! As we all know, the whole world strives to have the best New Years resolution. Today we are going to take a step back and look at the 7 mental health resolutions that came straight from a psychologist.
1. Exercise – don’t set an extreme body weight goal but just exercise for a healthier you. You can improve your own health with just 12 minutes of exercise per week; how insanely easy is that?
2. Develop a Sense of Mastery – to avoid depression find accomplishment in the little things that surround you. It will make you feel better and you will start to achieve more.
3. Meditate – mental health is just as important as our physical health, you have to exercise your brain to have a healthy brain.
4. Happiness – Do what make you happy! It is a simple as that and you will tend to find a new hobby out of it!
5. Sleep – for full body recovery and to bounce away negative thoughts, catching some extra ZZZ’s here and there help out tremendously.
6. Vitamins – boost yourself with the things your body needs. Vitamin D and B are essential, and really help boost the immune system in the winter months.
7. Lend a Hand – help out and help those in need. It can improve your mood. Giving back is extremely helpful and humbling to the soul.
So instead of having a juristic New Years resolution, start small and look into yourself to find what you want for you. Start small and grow from there!
Written By Alexa Peters