Out of every decade of fashion trends, the ’80s probably isn’t the one that most people think of when it comes to stylish clothes and accessories. However, with more casual and comfortable clothing showing up once again in the fashion world, people are turning to trends made popular in the 1980’s for inspiration on how to totally rock this look. Keep reading for 5 trends that were popular then, and even more popular now!
1. Overalls. Overalls are the perfect way to add a fun twist to your outfit, while still feeling and looking trendy.
2. Scrunchies. Scrunchies are a great accessory to add to any look. You can use them in place of a regular hair tie to secure your ponytail or bun, or you can simply wear one on your wrist for a pop of color in any outfit you’re wearing!
3. Embroidered denim. Embroidered denim was big back in the ’80s, and it’s just as big now! Try some embroidered jeans to take your look to the next level.
4. Oversized sweaters. Oversized sweaters were an outfit staple in the 1980s, and we know why! They can be worn with so many different looks, and aren’t limited to just one season, making them the perfect addition to any outfit.
5. Jean jackets. Last but not least, there’s jean jackets. We love that this trend is popular again because jean jackets are so incredibly versatile and add a finishing touch to any look you wear one with.
What did you think of these trends? Let us know in the comments, and feel free to add any other ’80s trends you’re loving right now!